Tourism in Pakistan has taken a great spin past couple of years. The main focus of local as well as international travelers has been the northern areas of Pakistan. Breath-taking views, cultural vibes and the heavenly natural habitat show the real beauty of Pakistan.
Pakistan has a rich culture rooted in its system, offers a diverse landscape to its visitors. North side has some of the most beautiful valleys covering fairy meadows, turbulent rivers and snow-covered mountains. Brief description of some beautiful valleys is given which you must explore.
Hunza valley in Gilgit-Baltistan has an ancient touch with beautiful sights which makes it the most popular place for visitors in the northern areas of Pakistan.
- Rakaposhi, Passu Peak, Hunza Peak are worth visiting to have mesmerizing experience of moonlight.
- Major attraction of tourists is the Baltit Fort which has its own ancient traces.
- Hunza valley also gives the pleasure of hiking and trekking, so you need to have plenty of time when you plan to visit places in Hunza.
Skardu is one of the most talked about area of northern Pakistan. It has a lot to explore; two of the highest peaks approaching from this city make it popular among climbers. Skardu also has an operating airport where daily flight comes from Islamabad makes it most visited Valley by international travelers.
- Located in the back of Karakoram Mountains rang it is the main town and capital of Baltistan has the attraction of Buddhist Rock, Sadpara Lake, Kachura Lake, Shigar Valley and Khaplu Valley.
- Sakrdu has some of the most famous lakes, Shangrila lakes in khachura region and Upper khachura is nearby Shangrila resort. Sadpara lake is a must visit as this is the biggest lake in Sakardu Valley with clear Blue colour water.
- It has the popular Saif-ul-Maluk Lake which is the most visited place in Pakistan.
- Babusar another popularly place is on the top of Naran from where you can have a sight of Rakaposhi Peak.
- Shogran, Sharan, Siri Paye Meadows, Lalazar Meadows and Nori Top are some of the other most famous places to visit in Naran region.
Gilgit valley is enriched in its historical values.
- Some of the most famous visiting places in Gilgit are Budha Sculpture engraved out of stone, Taj Mughal (30 KMs from Gilgit town), Sher Qilla, Naltar Valley and other small local areas to explore.
- Gilgit is the Hub for Polo; therefore a polo tournament is arranged every year in November where many local and international travellers come to attend especially this game.
- Like all other Northern valleys of Pakistan, Gilgit valley is also having perfection for activities such as hiking, trekking, fishing.
The county is gifted with four seasons, so the best time to visit these areas is around May-October. Due to dry and hot weather everywhere else in the country you will find peace of cold breeze in northern areas of Pakistan including Azad Kashmir.